Can’t find the book or article you want at the Cobb County Public Library System? Our Interlibrary Loan system is here to help you!
The Cobb County Public Library System offers Interlibrary Loan (ILL) as a service to all library patrons 17 years of age and older with valid CCPLS library cards in good standing. This system allows CCPLS cardholders access to materials which are not available from our collection. Cobb County Library patrons can search catalogs of other library systems through WorldCat. Please note that we do not obtain materials from library systems outside the United States. Items requested must be over $10.00 in value. Libraries do not lend books published within the last year. Libraries do not lend rare or fragile items, eBooks, audio-visual materials, or items in high demand. Most libraries do not lend genealogy, microfilm, or items designated as reference in their catalogs.
By submitting a request, you are acknowledging that, as a borrower, you are responsible for:
- Any charges assessed by the lending institution, whether or not you choose to use the item
- Overdue fines of $2.00 per day as assessed by CCPLS and additional overdue fines and/or fees imposed by the lending institution
- The responsibility for the item if it is lost or damaged from the time it leaves the supplying library until it has been returned to and received by the supplying library
- If damage or loss occurs, provide compensation or replacement, in accordance with the preference of the supplying library
- Compliance with the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code)
- I further understand that failure to pick up requested items, failure to pay fines or fees, or failure to return items on time or in good condition may result in the loss of my ILL or library privileges.
After reviewing the Interlibrary Loan Guidelines, please sign the Interlibrary Loan Authorization below. You may then visit WorldCat to locate an item to request and then fill out your request in the ILL request form below.
- To request an item, use the Acceptance of Agreement Form below.
- You can use WorldCat to locate items that you would like to request.
- Search WorldCat for your title. Once you locate the item that you want to request, copy the title, author, publication date, and OCLC number from the item record.
- Review the request form. Make sure that you have correctly entered the item information. Submit a format, pickup location, and a library fee.
- Make sure that you include your full name, preferred contact number, and email contact information.
- Submit the form using the “Submit” button.
- In the event that you need to cancel an ILL, please call our ILL department as soon as possible: (770) 528-2339.
Visit WorldCat to locate the item that you would like to request, and use the web form below to submit authorization and the ILL request.
PLEASE NOTE: Cobb County Public Library is currently NOT taking any new outside Inter-Library Loan (ILL) requests. We hope to open this service back up to the public again in early April if the situation concerning the coronavirus improves. ILL books that are currently checked out to patrons have been renewed and now have a due date of April 6th, 2020. This date will be extended if branch closings are also extended. There will NOT be any late fees associated with ILLs during this time. We ask that you hold onto your materials as the library branches and the outside book drops have been closed and are unavailable.
For more information on Interlibrary Loan, call (770) 528-2339 weekdays from 9 am until 5 pm.