The Cobb County Public Library System assists patrons seeking information on diabetes and all other health issues in a variety of ways. Health resources include books, CCPLS’ E-Library and periodicals. You’re encouraged to ask CCPLS reference librarians for assistance in locating health information.
Books in the Library System published by the American Diabetes Association include:
- Diabetes A to Z: what you need to know about diabetes – simply put
- American Diabetes Association complete guide to diabetes
- The complete quick & hearty diabetic cookbook: more than 200 fast, low-fat recipes with old-fashioned good taste
- Type 2 diabetes: your healthy living guide : tips, techniques, and practical advice for living well with diabetes
Other books on diabetes and related topics, such as healthy foods, include:
- American Dietetic Association complete food and nutrition guide by Roberta Larson Duyff
- What nurses know– diabetes by Rita G. Mertig
- I know someone with diabetes by Victoria Parker, a juvenile book
CCPLS’ E-Library: Health Resources section includes information on diabetes, ranging from fact sheets, tutorials, and scholarly medical articles. Other resources include the American Diabetes Association, Georgia Department of Public Health, Cobb & Douglas Public Health, and Cobb Senior Services.