Fines may be paid in person at any of our 16 library locations. Acceptable forms of payment are check or cash.
The Cobb County Public Library System reserves the right to replace their own materials through their own contracted vendors. Personal copies brought in by patrons will not be accepted as replacement(s) for lost and/or damaged materials.
All fines and fees are determined by the Cobb County Public Library System Board of Trustees and the Cobb County Board of Commissioners. Fines and fees can be paid by cash or check written to the Cobb County Public Library System.
Fines are charged to encourage the timely return and proper care of materials while they are checked out. Materials returned with missing pieces will be charged overdue fines until the item is complete and can be circulated again. Overdue fees include the following:
|Juvenile Book Kits||$0.15|
|VHS Video Tapes||$0.15|
|Center for Puppetry Arts Pass||$0.15|
|Kill A Watt EZ||$0.15|
*does not include processing fee
Fees are charged to cover the cost of services provided and are based on the Library’s costs for supplies and overhead. Other fees include:
- Printing fee (black and white): $0.15
- Microform copy fee: $0.15
- Non-resident library card fee: $30/year
- Exam proctoring fee: $10, resident; $25, nonresident
- Meeting Room After Hours fee: $100/hr
- Lost card replacement: $1.00
- Lost / Damaged Materials – Original library purchase price plus $10 processing fee
- Lost AV Part (CD, DVD, or CD-Rom with book) from a multi-disk set or instructional manual – $15 plus $10 processing fee
- Destroyed Audiobook CD, Cassette and Self-playing Audiobook Case – $5.00 (no processing fee)
- Unreturned or Destroyed CD, DVD, VHS Case – $2.00 (no processing fee)
- Juvenile Kits:
- Unreturned Bag – $2.00 (no processing fee)
- Unreturned Book – $10.00 (no processing fee)
- Unreturned AV Part – $15.00 (no processing fee)
- Lost Travel Map – $5.00
Fees are subject to change without notice.