The library has numerous book clubs all throughout the library system. Find yours today!
Book Club Kits
If you are interested in hosting your own book club, you can reserve a book club kit!
Book Club Kit Policy and Procedures
Cobb County Public Library System (CCPLS) offers Book Club Kits as a service to all library patrons with valid CCPLS library cards in good standing.
What’s in a book club kit?
- 12 copies (unless otherwise specified) of one title
- A discussion guide and questions (when available)
- A sign out sheet
- A canvas bag
How do I reserve a kit?
Cobb County Resident:
- Choose a title from the book club kit list on the Cobb County Public Library website
- Fill out the online Book Club Kit Request Form for Cobb County Resident
- Submit the form electronically
Patrons of other Georgia Public Libraries:
- Choose a title from the book club kit list on Cobb County Public Library website
- Contact your local library InterLibrary Loan Department
- The InterLibrary Loan staff will fill out Book Club Kits Request form for Georgia Public Libraries online and submit it on your behalf.
Kits may be reserved up to 6 months ahead of time. Kits are reserved on a first come, first served basis; however, priority is given to Cobb County Public Library patrons. The Reserves Department must be given at least 5 business days notice to reserve kits.
How long may I keep a kit?
- 45 days for CCPLS patrons
- 60 days for other Georgia library patrons to accommodate delivery time to and from the requesting library system
Kits may not be renewed or kept longer than the checkout period, and should be returned intact. Overdue fines are $1.00 per day per kit. Lost or damaged books will incur a $10.00 charge. Lost or damaged canvas bag will incur a $10.00 charge. Lost kits will incur up to $120.00 charge.
Where can I pick up and return a kit?
- CCPLS patrons will pick up/return the kits at their local branch library.
- Other Georgia library patrons may pick up/return the kits at their InterLibrary Loan Department