Cobb County public libraries are showcasing digital resources and services for Teen Tech Week 2017 in early March. “Be the Source of Change” is this year’s Teen Tech Week theme.
Teen Tech Week events are scheduled at Cobb County libraries from Saturday, March 4th through March 11th, including programs at the Switzer, Mountain View, West Cobb, East Cobb, East Marietta and Gritters public libraries. The free special events are for teens in grades 6-12.
- Mountain View Regional Library will launch a region-wide series of Teen Tech Week events with the Teen Tech Expo on Saturday, March 4, 1 pm to 4 pm. Get experience with Spheros, littleBits, 3D printer and scanners, Lego Robotics, an HTC Virtual Reality Headset and more. (770) 509-2725.
- Teen Tech Week Virtual Reality Creativity at Switzer Library on Saturday, March 4, 4 pm to 5 pm, will be a chance to create three-dimensional art using Tilt Brush. You don’t need to be an “artist” to discover your creative side through Tilt Brush.
- Lego Mindstorm and littleBits at Gritters Library on Monday, March 6, 5 pm to 6 pm. Build your own Lego robot and invent a new electronic device with littleBits. (770) 528-2524.
- HTC Virtual Reality and 3D Printer at Mountain View Regional Library on Tuesday, March 7 at 5 pm. With HTC’s Vive headset, powered by Steam VR, you’ll experience sights and sounds vivid and lifelike enough to transport you to another place with limitless possibilities. (770) 509-2725
- Teen Tech Week @ East Marietta Library on Wednesday, March 8 at 5 pm will be a chance to experiment in a gadget workshop featuring Spheros. Space is limited. To register, call (770) 509-2711
- Build a Robot Arm with East Cobb Robotics at East Cobb Library is Thursday, March 9 starting at 5 pm, with a chance to see and drive the team’s Outreach Robot at 4:30 pm. (770) 509-2730
- Teen Tech Week: Maker Fair at South Cobb Regional Library is Saturday, March 11, 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Showcase and share your talent with others and learn about maker tools that the library uses in teen programming. Space is limited to 10 teen makers. Register at the library’s Youth Services Reference Desk or call (678) 398-5834.
You’ll find more upcoming tech events at www.cobbcat.org, like Virtual Reality Experience, a drop-in program at Vinings Library on Tuesday, March 7, 3 pm to 5 pm, for teens and adults. Children must be accompanied by adults. Experience VR tech. (770) 801-5330