Based on the New York Times best-selling book Siblings without Rivalry by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish, this free six week workshop will help your children learn how to live together in harmony by teaching parents specific skills to reduce conflicts between their children. There will be group discussion, role play and homework on session topics. Julienne Marks, retired Youth Services Librarian, will facilitate this workshop.
The course is suitable for parents and caregivers with children of any age. Participants are encouraged to have a copy of Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. Additional suggested reading – Between Parent and Child by Dr. H. Ginott.
Workshop topics are:
- JUNE 6 Session 1: Helping Siblings Deal with their Feelings about Each Other
- JUNE 13 Session 2: Keeping Children Separate and Unequal
- JUNE 20 Session 3: Siblings in Roles
- JUNE 27 Session 4: When the Kids Fight
- JULY 11 Session 5: Problem Solving
- JULY 18 Session 6: Final Review
* No Class on July 4
The workshop is for adult participants only. No childcare is available in the library.
Registration is required by calling (678) 398-5828 or coming in and registering at the Adult Reference Desk. South Cobb Regional Library, 805 Clay Road, Mableton, GA 30126.