When accessing databases from home you will be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN. Click here for more information on how to obtain a library card. Need help using a database? Call your local library or email us.
America’s News allows you to search current and archived local, state, regional and national full-text articles on issues, events, business, health, education, people, government, sports and more with nearly 1,000 newspapers, newswires, news videos, and web-only content including the Atlanta Journal Constitution (1985-Current), Augusta Chronicle (1994-Current), Marietta Daily Journal (10/29/98-Current), and USA Today(7/1/87-Current).
Business Source Complete (Business Searching Interface) provides users with an alternative searching and browsing interface to the traditional EBSCOhost version of Business Source Complete. Aside from the ability to search and browse for articles in over 4000 business journals, the Business Searching Interface allows for easy browsing of supplementary content such as, company profiles, country reports, industry profiles, market research reports, SWOT analyses, and author profiles. Business Source Complete provides access to the full text for over 3000 journals covering all aspect of business. In addition to full text articles, this database offers indexing and abstracts for nearly 4000 journals. Business Source Complete contains popular business publications such as Business Week, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, and hundreds of other scholarly, peer-reviewed journals.
DemographicsNow offers a variety of simple, ready-to-use demographic data reports. Users may customize them by geography, choosing the area that best suits their needs. In addition, users may also run an unlimited number of reports in summary, comparison or ranking formats.
The Gale Courses program, formerly known as Learn4Life, offers you access to hundreds of instructor-led online courses covering everything from health and wellness to creative writing, computer programming, GED test preparation and much more. ed2go courses are developed by expert instructors, many currently working at universities around the country, and have continuous enrollment dates. Each individual course is offered online for six weeks and features 12 lessons with online discussions, homework, quizzes and a final exam.
Catalog listings include courses on:
- Creating web pages
- Grant writing
- Project management
- Health and wellness
- …and more
This directory provides access to several publications:
- American Wholesalers and Distributors Directory
- Consultants and Consulting Organizations Directory
- National E-mail and Fax Directory
- Tradeshows Worldwide
- Encyclopedia of Business Information Sources
- Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media
- Encyclopedia of Associations
- National Directory of Nonprofit Organizations
- Brands and Their Companies
Cobb County Public Library web page dedicated to job searching resources and information found at the library or online.
The database offers analysis on 1700 stocks, 2000 mutual funds and 300 exchange traded funds (ETFs). While it is primarily designed as a tool for investors, it is also an excellent place to get quick information on a company. The Company Stock Reports include analysis written by Morningstar’s experts, up to 10 years of financials, bond information, ratios, SEC filings and information on insider actions and institutional holders. Reports are available for the top 2000 companies but other information is available for many more.
The ProQuest Digital Microfilm Resource provides instant online access to full-image newspapers in microfilm accessible through a web browser. This resource covers the New York Times microfilm archive from January 2008 through the present. The digital microfilm format has a short delay before new issues are included in the archive (approximately 3 months).
The ProQuest Digital Microfilm Resource provides instant online access to full-image newspapers in microfilm accessible through a web browser. This resource covers the Wall Street Journal microfilm archive from January 2008 through the present. The digital microfilm format has a short delay before new issues are included in the archive (approximately 3 months).
Full-text access to five major national newspapers: Christian Science Monitor (1988-), Los Angeles Times (1985-) , New York Times; Late, Edition, East Coast (1980-), and Wall Street Journal; Eastern Edition (1984-). More information »
You will need a Library Card and PIN number to access from home. Use Custom Search to find employers by geographic area or type of business; includes company contact name and address. Please note: ReferenceUSA may ask you to authenticate by using a Captcha. In the event that you experience difficulty with this, please let us know.
Full-text coverage for more than 50 regional business publications. Previously called Business Wire. Part of GALILEO. More information »
Value Line is an Investment Research tool that covers 3,500 Stocks across 100 Industries.
- 1,700 widely-followed analyst covered companies
- 1,800 small and mid-cap companies
- Full industry reports
- Unbiased Rating and Reports
- Analytical Summary & Index
- Guided Selection & Opinion
- Market-Driven Supplements
Important Financial Literacy Tools from Weiss Ratings & Grey House Publishing
- Independent, Unbiased Financial Strength Ratings of Banks, Credit Unions & Insurance Companies
- Conservative Buy-Hold-Sell Ratings of Thousands of Stocks, Mutual Funds & Exchange Traded Funds
- Create your own Personal Account to create a Watchlist, get Upgrade/Downgrade Notifications and Log In from Anywhere
- Medicare Supplement Insurance – Which Plan to Choose, How Much it will Cost, Compare Rates & Plan Benefits
- Weiss Financial Ratings Online Includes:
- Financial Strength Ratings: Banks
- Financial Strength Ratings: Credit Unions
- Financial Strength Ratings: Insurance
- Investment Ratings: Stocks
- Investment Ratings: Mutual Funds
- Investment Ratings: Exchange-Traded Funds
- Customized Medicare Supplement Insurance Buyer’s Guide
- Online Access: Consumer Guides
- Online Access: Financial Literacy Basics
- Online Access: Financial Literacy: Planning for the Future