Books of essays and articles give readers the option to read selectively or the whole thing. This list of books, all published in 2013 and by single authors, is items recently added to the Cobb County Public Library System’s Adult Collection or on order. Click titles for information and to place a reserve.
- Things that matter: three decades of passions, pastimes, and politics by syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer. There is a waiting list for the bestseller.
- I can’t complain: (all too) personal essays by fiction writer Elinor Lipman
- Life’s operating manual: with the fear and truth dialogues by film director Tom Shadyac
- The potty mouth at the table by humorist Laurie Notaro
- Forty-one false starts: essays on artists and writers by Janet Malcolm
- Sister mother husband dog, etc by author and screenwriter Delia Ephron, younger sister of Nora Ephron
- My Venice and other essays by mystery writer Donna Leon. This item is on order.