Renovations to Switzer Library in Marietta began July 2019. Switzer opened for Limited Services from its lobby September 3, 2019 to March 18, 2020, to provide a small browsing collection, storytimes, and public computers. However, when libraries closed under the county’s Limited Operational Status, it was determined construction would move forward in all parts of the building. Holds have been transferred to the Sewell Mill Library and Cultural Center and will be available for pick up when that library opens for Curbside Service June 10. Book drops are closed. Donations will not be accepted at any Cobb Library.
New Features of the renovated library will include:
- Two makerspaces – one for adults, one for teens
- Dedicated teen space
- Family computing space on the main floor
- New children’s programming room
- Outdoor plaza adjacent to the Children’s Room with seating and garden area
- Relocation to Switzer Library of Windy Hill Library’s special needs collection and services
- Enlarged Georgia Room
North Cobb Regional Library Construction History
Construction has begun on North Cobb Regional Library! The new 25,000-square-foot library will be built at the intersection of Old 41 Highway and Blue Springs Road across from North Cobb High School. The facility will be a consolidation of the Acworth and Kennesaw public libraries constructed in the mid-1960s.
Groundbreaking, March 2018