An aerial view of the project with the old library building in the background for comparison
Activity is moving inside/out and outside/in!
Roofing installed March 2017
Update Mid-March, 2017:
Update March, 2017:
Steel columns and roof going up!
The new East Marietta Library and Cultural Center is a joint-use project of the library and Cobb County P.A.R.K.S.
East Marietta Library is located at 2051 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta 30068, east of South Marietta Parkway. Nearby library locations include the Switzer Library in downtown Marietta, and the East Cobb Library at Parkaire Shopping Center. Please feel free to visit these and other Cobb County library locations during this temporary closing. Online library resources and services are always available 24/7 through our website, www.cobbcat.org.
Update February, 2017:
Pouring the concrete slab!
Update December, 2016:
Update November, 2016:
Update, October 26, 2016:
- East Marietta Library and Cultural Center is a joint-use project of the library and Cobb County P.A.R.K.S.
- As site preparation work progresses, the East Marietta Library is open with a full regular slate of activities and programs.
- The construction project is scheduled for completion in early winter 2018.
(Library Staff Leigh and Deborah stand in front of art in the library that gives a construction progress report)
For ongoing updates on the construction project, please visit this page, www.cobbcat.org/news-updates/east-marietta-construction/. For more information, please email your question to email@example.com.
(More than 100 people attended the Groundbreaking for the East Marietta Library and Cultural Center on April 12. From left, are Les Still, Chairman of the Cobb County Public Library Board of Trustees; Cobb County Manager David Hankerson, Cobb Public Services Agency Director Dr. Jackie McMorris, Bill Carver, Chairman of the Cobb County Recreation Board; State Representative Sharon Cooper, Cobb County Commissioner Bob Ott, Cobb Library Director Helen Poyer, Cobb PARKS Director Eddie Canon; library patron Emily Neal and Cobb County Commission Chairman Tim Lee.)
- $10.6 million project total
- $8.6 million from the 2016 Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax
- $2 million from the Georgia Board of Regents
- Additional $1 million from Cobb County PARKS to realign connector road to Sewell Park
- The new building will be 28,000 square feet, and is a joint use facility with Cobb County P.A.R.K.S.
- Construction scheduled for completion summer 2017.
- Current East Marietta Library seventh busiest in the Cobb County Library System with about 55,000 patron visits annually.
- Original building opened in 1967.