(September 2, 2014 — Marietta, GA) A quick trip to your public library is one of the easiest ways to ensure your child’s academic success, locate information resources for enhancing your quality of life, and expand your entertainment options. September is Library Card Sign-Up Month, a time when the Cobb County Public Library System joins with the American Library Association and public libraries nationwide to make sure that everyone has a free library card.
Resources at the 16 locations of the Cobb County Public Library are available to anyone who has a library card. Cobb libraries offer materials, services and programs that support academic achievement. Resources for all ages include books, events, online courses, and research tools for business applications.
Cardholders should ensure that their library cards are valid and encourage family members, friends, and neighbors to get a card. It’s easy to get one. Library cards are valid for two years for Cobb residents, business owners, and property owners.
Use your library card to advance in school, access digital resources from home, download eBooks, research job opportunities, discover a new hobby…the possibilities are endless. Discover some of these possibilities at www.cobbcat.org/library-card and learn about the many things library card can help with.
Throughout September, the library will host a number of activities, including:
- School Age Story Time: Fall Reading Kickoff! – Acworth Library, Wednesday, September 3 at 3:30 p.m.
- Hispanic-American Heritage Film Series – Switzer Library, Mondays starting September 8 at 6 p.m.
- Planting Bulbs in the Fall – Sweetwater Valley Library, Tuesday, September 9, 2 p.m.
- Fall Break Game Day! – Acworth Library at Acworth Library on Monday, September 15, noon to 2 p.m.
- School Break Mystery Film Fest! – West Cobb Regional Library on Monday, September 15 through Thursday, September 18, 2:30 p.m.
- Celebrate Our Constitution, a school age program – East Marietta Library on Wednesday, September 17, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Career Accelerator & E-Government Resources for Jobs, a course on using the library’s digital job resources – South Cobb Regional Library on Monday, September 22, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- From Brazil, Cape Verde and Portugal to Atlanta, a program on Lusophone or Portuguese-speaking communities in metro Atlanta – Switzer Library on Tuesday, September 23, 7 p.m.
For more information on how to sign up for a library card, visit any of the 16 branches of the Cobb County Public Library System in person or visit the library online at www.cobbcat.org.
# # #