A summertime tip: Several resources on outdoor activities are available in the Cobb County Public Library System. The library has books by experts, complete digital magazines, travel guides and more about outdoor recreation and sports.
Zinio: Complete digital magazines in the Zinio collection in the CCPLS’ E-Library include Backpacker, Bicycling, Outside and Runner’s World. There are also several e-Books on outdoor activities in the E-Library.
Books on the topic in the library’s Adult Non-Fiction Collection include:
- Trail Running: From Start to Finish by Graeme Hilditch
- Hiking Georgia: a guide to the state’s greatest hiking adventures by Donald W. Pfitzer and Jimmy Jacobs
- Basic illustrated kayaking by Stephen Gorman
- Sea Kayaking: A Guide for Sea Canoeists by Philip Woodhouse
- Cross-country running by Jeff Galloway