Area Lions Clubs will offer free vision screenings at Cobb County Public Libraries in September for children and adults.
Lions Club volunteers use a screening device to detect possible vision issues that require follow-up professional care.
The Vision Screening events at Cobb County Public Libraries is for adults and children from six months of age and up. Walk-ins are encouraged. For groups of five or more people, please contact the library before the day of the event.
Lions Club volunteers are providing Vision Screening events in September as part Cobb County Public Libraries’ Falls Prevention Awareness Initiative. Vision problems are identified as a top falls risk factor.
Upcoming Vision Screening events at Cobb County libraries in September 2018 include:
- Saturday, September 8, 2 pm to 4 pm: Free Vision Screening by the North Cobb Lions Club at the Kennesaw Library. 2250 Lewis St., Kennesaw 30144. (770) 528-2529.
- Tuesday, September 11, 2 pm to 4 pm: Free Vision Screening by the Paulding-West Cobb Lions Club at the West Cobb Regional Library, 1750 Dennis Kemp Lane, Kennesaw 30152. (770) 528-4677
- Tuesday, September 18, 1 pm to 4 pm: Free Vision Screening by the South Cobb Lions Club at the South Cobb Regional Library, 805 Clay Rd., Mableton 30126. (678) 398-5831
- Wednesday, September 19, 1 pm to 4 pm: Free Vision Screening by the South Cobb Lions Club at the Sibley Library, 2539 South Cobb Dr., Marietta 30060. (770) 528-2520
- Friday, September 21, 12 pm to 2 pm: Free Vision Screening by the East Cobb Lions Club at the East Cobb Library, 4880 Lower Roswell Rd., Suite 510-B, Marietta 30068. (770) 509-2707
Where There’s a Need, There’s a Lion: http://lionsofga18l.org/