Cobb County Public Libraries offers a variety of free tutoring sessions and computer classes to help adults with basic computer literacy such as typical computer use and e-mail.
Upcoming classes include:
- Tech Tutoring Tuesdays is offered every Tuesday in May at West Cobb Regional Library, 2 pm – 4 pm. Call to schedule your 30 minute appointment for one-on-one training on how to use our library databases, how to download e-books, and more. (770) 528-4699.
- Wednesday, May 2: Computer and Technology Tutoring at Powder Springs Library, 10 am – 4 pm. Schedule an appointment to learn technology basics such as MS Word, Excel, e-material, tablets, and library databases. (770) 439-3600.
- Thursday, May 3: Computer Basics at South Cobb Regional Library, 3 pm – 4:30 pm. This free class for the computer novice teaches a basic understanding about the parts of a computer and demonstrate the basic functions of how to use a computer. Space is limited, so call to reserve your spot. (678) 398-5828.
- Thursday, May 10: How to Thursday at South Cobb Regional Library, 3 pm – 4 pm. Library staff members will be available for 30 minute one-on-one sessions to answer any questions patrons have about CCPLS databases, e-books, basic problems with spreadsheets and MS Word, offer help with resume building, and more. (678) 398-5828.
- Monday, May 14: Computer Basics at Sibley Library, 4 pm – 6 pm. Our librarians will be available to help with all of patrons basic computer needs. (770) 528-2520.
- Thursday, May 17: Social Media Basics at South Cobb Regional Library, 3 pm – 4:30 pm. Learn all about the different media social media platforms and how to use them. (678) 398-5828.
Pro Tools Basics at Sewell Mill Library & Cultural Center on Wednesday, May 9, 7 pm – 8 pm. Pro Tools is a digital audio workstation (DAW) which can be used for a wide range of sound recordings and sound production purposes. Ages 14 and up. Space is limited and registration is required. To sign-up, email Ashley.Miller@cobbcounty.org or call the Creative Studios at 770-509-4988.