Free AARP Tax-Aide service will be provided from February 1st through April 18, 2017 at various Cobb County libraries and other locations in the county.
IRS-trained tax counselors will provide the Tax-Aide service for low to moderate income taxpayers. The free, confidential service is available to everyone regardless of age and membership in AARP is not required.
AARP Tax-Aide is sponsored by the IRS. Electronic filing will be available at all locations.
No appointments are necessary. Tax-Aide officials request everyone plan ahead to be prepared for their Tax-Aide sessions:
Each taxpayer is asked to bring 2015 returns and 2016 tax documents. Also, each taxpayer must present their social security cards or other identification documents for yourself and all dependents. For direct deposit refunds, the taxpayer must have a valid check.
The 2017 Tax Preparation Locations in Cobb County include:
- Monday, 10 am to 2 pm: Cobb County Senior Services Center, 1150 Powder Springs St, Marietta
- Monday, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm: Gritters Library, 880 Shaw Park Rd., Marietta
- Tuesday, 10 am to 2 pm: Cobb County Senior Services Center, 1150 Powder Springs St., Marietta
- Tuesday, 10:30 am to 2 pm: East Cobb Library, 4880 Lower Roswell Rd., Marietta
- Wednesday, 10 am to 2 pm: Wolfe Adult Recreation Center, 884 Church St., Smyrna
- Wednesday, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm: Ward Recreation Center, 4845 Dallas Hwy., Powder Springs
- Thursday, 11:30 to 3 pm: Mountain View Regional Library, 3320 Sandy Plains Rd., Marietta
- Thursday, 11:30 to 3 pm: West Cobb Regional Library, 1750 Dennis Kemp Lane, Kennesaw
- Friday, 10 am to 2 pm: Robertson Community Center, 2753 Watts Dr., Kennesaw. No tax returns will be prepared at the Community Center on April 17th.
- Friday, Noon to 3:30 pm: Switzer Library, 266 Roswell St., Marietta. No tax returns will be prepared at Switzer Library on April 14th.
For more information, visit www.aarp.org/taxaide
As a public service, the Cobb County Public Library System (CCPLS) provides some tax forms starting after December 27. The CCPLS cannot guarantee availability of tax forms. Please contact your local library to determine what forms are available there.
For more 2017 Tax Information resources, visit www.cobbcat.org/tax-information/.