The 2014 Winter Olympics are February 7-23 in Sochi, along the Black Sea coast in Russia. The list below features a few of the items on the Olympics, winter sports and related topics in the Cobb County Public Library System:
- The boys of winter: the untold story of a coach, a dream, and the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team by Wayne R. Coffey
- Winners: a novel by Danielle Steel
- Rush for the gold: mystery at the Olympics by John Feinstein is a young adult novel, a sports mystery, set in the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- A passion for victory: the story of the Olympics in ancient and early modern times by Benson Bobrick
- A skating life by Dorothy Hamill, the 1976 Olympics figure skating champion.
- One glorious summer: a photographic history of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics by Glenn Hannigan, Robert Mashburn, and the staff of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- The sports gene: inside the science of extraordinary athletic performance by David J. Epstein. This item is on order.
Explore the Olympics @ your library