Are you – or someone you know – looking for a book club near you?
Book clubs are a good way to meet your neighbors. Expand your knowledge about the world and enjoy some of your favorite literature at a social gathering near you.
Cobb County Public Libraries have numerous regular book discussion sessions for adults at several locations. Our discussions cover a wide range of topics and interests.
Upcoming Book Clubs/Discussions in June include:
- The two sessions of the Page Turners Book Club at the Mountain View Regional Library on Wednesday, June 5 will be the Morning Group, 10:30 am – Noon, discussing My Reading Life by Pat Conroy and the Afternoon Group, 1 pm to 2:30 pm, on Clock Dance by Anne Tyler. 770-509-2725
- Men’s Book Club at East Cobb Library on Saturday, June 8, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. 770-509-2730.
- African-American Authors Book Discussion Group at Stratton Library on Monday, June 10, 6:30 pm to 8 pm. How Not to Get Shot: And Other Advice from White People by D.L. Hughley. 770-528-2522
- Booked For Lunch at Powder Springs Library on Tuesday, June 11, Noon – 1 pm. The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. 770-439-3600.
- Tuesday Afternoon Book Club at Gritters Library on June 11, 2 pm – 3 pm. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. 770-528-2524.
- Book Chat at Kemp Memorial Library on Thursday June 13, 1 pm – 2 pm. I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron. 770-528-2527.
- Read. Think. Talk. at Sewell Mill Library & Cultural Center on Wednesday, June 19, 10:30 am – noon. Rocket Men: The Daring Odyssey of Apollo 8 and the Astronauts Who Made Man’s First Journey to the Moon by Robert Kurson. 770-509-2711.
- Acworth Library Literary Society at Acworth Library on Wednesday, June 19, 1 pm – 2 pm. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty. 770-917-5165
- Story to Screen at Sewell Mill Library & Cultural Center on Wednesday, June 19, 6:30 pm – 8 pm. In this unique take on book club, we discuss which is better: story or film. We’ll be discussing Nightmare at 20,000 Feet by Richard Matheson and then watching the “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet” segment of Twilight Zone: The Movie (PG). Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. 770-509-2711.
- East Cobb Book Club at East Cobb Library on Thursday, June 20 from 11 am – 12:30. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead. If you miss our morning session, don’t worry. We have another meet in the afternoon from 2 pm – 3:30. 770-509-2730.
- Last Monday Book Club at Powder Springs Library on June 24, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. My grandmother asked me to tell you she’s sorry by Fredrik Backman. 770-439-3600.
- Cobb Cooks the Books at Mountain View Regional Library on Monday, June 24, 7 pm – 8 pm. A book club with a twist: pick a recipe from your favorite cookbook for our themed potluck meal. The theme for the month of June is fruit. Click here to register. 770-509-2725.
- Tuesday Afternoon Book Club at Kennesaw Library on Tuesday, June 25, 2 pm – 3:30 pm. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. If you miss our morning session, don’t worry. We have another meet in the evening from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. 770-528-2529.
- Summer Sci-Fi Book Chat at South Cobb Regional Library Wednesday, June 26. 6 pm – 7 pm. The discussion will revolve around time travel/alternate history/alternate reality. 678-398-5828.
For more dates and times visit http://www.cobbcat.org/events/category/book-discussion/