Free early December events about accessing Cobb County Public Library System’s digital collection include the continuing Digital Device Demo Days series and a webinar on accessing the library’s digital magazine collection. Beginning computer classes are also scheduled.
Digital Device Demo Days, a series of demonstrations on how to use your eReader, tablet or other device with the library’s digital collections of eBooks and digital magazines, continues through January. Digital services librarians will be on hand to give information on the library system’s collections of eBooks and digital magazines, give an overview of devices that are compatible with the collections, and answer questions in a relaxed setting. No registration required. Please drop by any time during the two-hour sessions.
The Digital Device Demo Days schedule includes:
- Friday, December 6, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Mountain View Regional Library
- Friday, December 13, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., South Cobb Regional Library
- Friday, January 10, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., West Cobb Regional Library
- Friday, January 17, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Switzer Public Library
- Friday, January 24, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Mountain View Regional Library
- Friday, January 31, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., South Cobb Regional Library
Also in early December:
- Webinar: Digital Magazines at Your Fingertips on Thursday, December 5, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Special Services Librarian Burr Osoinach will show you how to use Zinio to read your favorite magazines on your mobile device or computer. Register at http://bit.ly/10mBarV.
- Computer Basics classes at South Cobb Regional Library on Tuesday, December 10 at 3 p.m. and on Thursday, December 12 at 3 p.m. Registration is required at the class location and space is limited. For more information, please call (678) 398-5828.