Sibley Library is calling for tweens and teens to join in the fun at the Cooking Essentials for Teens StReaM program starting on Wednesday, October 17 from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm.
Every week we will be exploring different recipes and learning how to make some yummy treats in a five-part series that introduces tweens and teens ages 10 – 17 to the basics of cooking.
Cooking is a great way for kids to be hands-on in creating the food they eat. It teaches safety, math, literacy, science and several other valuable life skills. Our StReaM program (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) will teach a range of skills over the course of the program:
- Basic skills: How to properly use a knife, what goes on a plate, and how to clean up.
- Measuring, mixing, and baking: Why precision matters.
- Herbs: What to do with them.
- Sweet and Savory Sauces: When to use them.
- Presenting the Plate: Presentation matters.
Space is limited. Please call 770-528-2520 to register for the program.
Sibley Library is located at 1539 South Cobb Drive, Marietta 30060.
For more fun educational programs at Cobb County Public Libraries like these visit www.cobbcat.org.