Book discussion groups meeting at Cobb County Public Libraries cover a range of topics and interests. Adult book clubs are fun social gatherings and a good way to meet your neighbors and gather with friends.
Expand your knowledge about the world and literature. New clubs have been added to expand your options.
Upcoming Book Club sessions include:
- Page Turners Book Club at Mountain View Regional Library meets on Wednesday, August 7 for sessions at 10:30 am – noon and 1 pm – 2:30 pm. The August selection is The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers. 770-509-2725
- Book Chat: Summer Light at Kemp Memorial Library on Thursday, August 8 from 1 pm – 2 pm. We’ll be discussing Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. 770-528-2527.
- ‘The Last Word’ Book Discussion meets at South Cobb Regional Library on Thursday, August 8 from 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm. Check with the reference desk to find out what our current read is. Newcomers welcome. 678-398-5828
- Men’s Book Club at East Cobb Library on Saturday, August 10 from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm. We’ll be discussing A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman. Although called Men’s Book Club, women are certainly welcome. 770-509-2730.
- African-American Authors Book Discussion Group at Stratton Library on Monday, August 12 from 6:30 pm – 8 pm. The group will discuss Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower by Brittany Cooper. 770-528-2522
- Booked For Lunch Club at Powder Springs Library on Tuesday, August 13 from noon – 1 pm. The selection is The Force of Nature by Jane Harper. You are invited to bring a lunch if you wish. 770-439-3600
- Gritters Tuesday Afternoon Book Group at Gritters Library on August 13 from 2 pm – 3 pm. We’ll be discussing Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. 770-528-2524
- Story to Screen at Sewell Mill Library & Cultural Center on Wednesday, August 14 from 6 pm – 9 pm. In this book club with a twist, we discuss what’s better: Book or Movie. We’ll be discussing “Super-Toys Last All Summer Long” by Bryan Aldiss and then watching Steven Spielberg’s A.I. Artificial Intelligence. Rated PG-13. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. 770-509-2711
- East Cobb Book Club at East Cobb Library meets for sessions on Thursday, August 15 from 11 am – 12:30 pm and 2 pm – 3:30 pm. The selection for both sessions is Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate. Please call 770-509-2730. to confirm the title.
- Third Thursday Book Discussion at West Cobb Regional Library on August 15 from 10 am – 11 am. We’ll be discussing One Plus One by JoJo Moyes. 770-528-4699
- Powder Springs Monday Night Book Club at Powder Springs Library on August 19 from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. A Place for Us by Fatima Mirza is the selection. 770-439-3600
- Read. Think. Talk at Sewell Mill Library & Cultural Center will meet on Wednesday, August 21 from 10:30 am – noon to discuss The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith. 770-509-2711
- Fourth Monday Book Club at West Cobb Regional Library on August 26 from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm. The August selection is A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult. 770-528-4699
- Cobb Cooks the Books at Mountain View Regional Library on Monday, August 26 from 7 pm – 8 pm. Select a recipe from the cooksbooks on display at the library , find your own recipe or use one you already have and join us for a potluck meal and discuss the recipes of the theme for the month. The August theme is vegetarian. To register click here. 770-509-2725
Are you interested in launching your own book club, but you’re not sure where to start? Join us at Sewell Mill Library & Cultural Center at Help! I Want to Start a Book Club! on Tuesday, August 27 from 7 pm – 8:30 pm. We’ll offer tips on how to organize a group and how to go about getting the best resources to start your own book club. 770-509-2711